Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Challenge Holiday movie



Happy Tuesday friends!  Today in the challenge it is Holiday movie day!  Yay!  My husband and I are big holiday movie watchers.  We even watch all the animated movies and old claymation and we have not even been blessed with kids.  I can not pick a favorite at all.  They are all so different and bring a special memory of feeling of magic to the holiday season.  I wish I had not waited until the last minute to do this day because I can think of a few movies I would like to take on as a manicure.  I really enjoy old movies the best.  Things were different then and the kind spirits of people really shine through.  One movie we never go without watching is White Christmas.  It is full of Christmas spirit, caring for others and some love in bloom as well.  Lots of dancing and music as well.  I went with another simple manicure because I wanted to wear some beautiful white nails.  This picture does not do it justice.  There is lots of glare.  I apologize.





The polishes used are all Sinful colors.  I have been neglecting them lately.  I still believe you can created beautiful manicures with inexpensive polishes!  The base I started with is snow me white.  It is a nice white but I am now around half way through the bottle and it is a tad thick now.  I hope I can thin it because it is such a bright white.  I layered silver belle over that.  Silver belle was released with the Sinful colors holiday display this year.  It is the polish pictured.  It has a pearly sheer white finish to it with lots of little silver glitters.  I would like to try this over blue as well.  The accent nail is Heavy metal.  It is a shiny shiny silver that goes on super easy with a foiled finish.  I added a little snowflake glitter after two failed attempts at a freehand snowflake.  I just could not get the strokes small enough to have room to add in detail.  So third time repainting the accent nail I went a new route!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani, so sparkly, but in a subtle way.
    I've never even heard of White Christmas, but I will be checking it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a classic. Bing Crosby. Its a Goosy corny movie but I love it!

      Delete
  2. I love this SO much! It's so pretty and magical, just like snow!! White Christmas is also what I chose, but my mani was a big fail, so I didn't even take pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am sure yours were cute!

      Delete
  3. Love a white mani, beautiful. I was going to do Rudolf the red Nose Reindeer, how childish am I...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Love. I love Rudolph and all those kiddie movies!!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful.Reelects the christmas-sy mood ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from readers.