Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Challenge Christmas Lights


Today is the third theme on our little Christmas no rules challenge list.  Christmas lights are always fun!  I have already seen many strand of lights manicures going on and they are adorable!  I wanted to try to make mine a little different and go with nontraditional colors again and do one big Christmas bulb but maybe it looks like an ornament instead???



The base is White on from Sally Hansen and I went with a new to my collection Funky Fingers in Lady Charlotte which was supposed to be sort of twinkling lights.  The bulb is Sinful Shine in slick which, looks very purple in the bottle but this sponged in bulb over  white is looking very blue or blurple. The gold on the bulb is Funky Fingers Golden Grace. I added a matte topcoat over the ring finger which made it kinda frosty.  Even though this was not where I was going exactly I am really happy with how it turned out.  Lots of girls are doing this challenge on Instagram so be sure to search the tag #xmasnorules to see some more cute manicures! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!!

Links to the other girls who are hosting this Challenge


8 comments:

  1. It does look a little like an ornament, but nothing wrong with that!
    The glitter is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it! Thanks for always coming by and your sweet supportive comments!

      Delete
  2. How pretty!! LOVE the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lu! I like to mix it up with color choices! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Lovin' your light, it so does not look like a ornament....great detail and of course love the glitter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think its fun to mix it up with color. What's the harm in my opinion! Missed seeing you around today!!

      Delete
  4. Aww I love the light. It almost looked like heart shape <3

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from readers.