Friday, November 1, 2013

Revlon Cayenne

Update on this blog post.....After wearing all day this polish is not for me and will be passed on to maybe a lighter skin tone.  I am not sure what tone this is best for?!?


Happy Friday!  Today I wanted to try out one of my untried Fall polishes.  I have had this polish in my collection for a few months but never have worn it.  This is from the Revlon Colorstay line and it is called Cayenne.  It is a nice rusty Orange color in my opinion..  I am not sure that this polish is right for my skin tone.  I am very undecided if this is for me or if I will be passing it along.  I wear cooler colors much better I think.  The polish itself is nice and smooth to apply, as I find most polishes from Revlon are.  It was just a tad sheer to me but I was being extra careful not to get any at all in the cuticle. 



 My two coats were extremely light.  I still have an issue when it comes to red/orange tones if I get them in the cuticle.  Even after clean up it always looks to messy in the cuticle with these colors no matter what the brand is!  I have also noticed that my set up is not exactly great when it comes to photographing reds/oranges.  They tend to be off just a bit in color and appear  jelly looking on the nail.  I am looking into changing up my lighting some to see if this improves.  

I am planning on trying to be more consistent with blogging each manicure. That may not always happen because I do lots of nails of the day on Instagram.  I may end up tying to do a weekly round up post if I miss to many.  Hopefully I will not always be as chatty.  That one will be hard for me as I am an expressive person by nature and also detail orientated.   :) Happy polishing and happy weekend! xoxo Jaime





4 comments:

  1. I have to say, I'm not loving this tone on you...
    It's not a bad color, I just think there are lots that would suit your skintone better.
    This washes you out a bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I totally agree! The longer it is on the more I don't care for.it for myself. I like it in the bottle but not on at.all! :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes what's in the bottle is so different then what it looks like on the nails. Your nails looks so healthy...I gotta try some coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really has helped my nails so much. I still use like cuticle oils and I have a cream I picked up at Sally's Beauty...its called Hoofer's Choice....but I have not seen such a difference since I started using the coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from readers.