Friday, November 15, 2013

Loaded Lacquer Review

If you have not heard Loaded Lacquer is a new Indie brand started by the lovely Heather.  I have been following Heather on Instagram and Facebook for at least a month and have seen all the posts of previews and short videos of her polishes and I fell in love with what I was seeing right away.  I have been looking for the perfect Indie brand for me for quite awhile and her gorgeous glitter polishes were exactly what I wanted!!  Heather very kindly asked me if I would like to swatch a polish for her.  I was so excited and honored to be one of the first girls to wear a Loaded Lacquer polish!!  She sent me four polishes to swatch.  These are my honest opinions on those polishes.

Loaded Lacquer polishes are 3 free and made in the US by Heather. Lets talk about the fantastic that are Loaded Lacquer labels!!  Very fun and shiny!  They are so appropriate for her line.



The first polish I want to show you is from her Christmas collection.  It is called Christmas bonus.  It is full of green, a yellowy gold and red glitters.  The red glitters also seem to give off a fuchsia flash.  The formula was perfect and it was so easy to work with!

Christmas bonus 

Christmas Bonus
This swatch is three coats alone.  
Christmas Bonus Mani
  I used 3 coats alone on my ring finger and also on middle finger I used 1 coat over Red eye from sinful colors.  Christmas bonus was a dream and very festive and shiny!

Next up we have Moonshine in a jar!  This is the ultimate gold and copper glitter bomb in my opinion.  It is just chalk full of Gold and copper glitter!

Moonshine in a jar

Moonshine in a jar
This swatch is 3 dabbed coats alone

Moonshine in a jar Mani
This photo was awful but the polish is amazing!

I adore this polish.  The formula again was very nice!  I could not believe how easy it was to build up.  For the above mani the pointer finger is 3 coats alone and each of the other fingers are one coat over a black and a gold both from Sinful Colors.  It is so so so beautiful and my pictures do not do it justice.  It is like shiny jewelry on your finger tips!

Next we have Fluffy Macaroon.  This polish is so pretty.  It is packed with blue purple white yellow and also iridescent glitter in a clear base.

Fluffy Macaroon

Fluffy Macaroon
This swatch is one coat over a cream base


Fluffy Macaroon

 This is a very delicate looking glitter topper.  The name is perfect.  Fluffy Macaroon is very sweet and pretty!  The formula was so good.  No fishing for the bigger pieces!  For the above Mani above I used one coat over each nail and just did a little accent nail with waves and a fimo heart!

The last polish I have for you today is Steampunked.  I can not even begin to describe everything that is in this little bottle of awesome!  It is a heavily packed metal glitter polish in a clear base.  Just take a look at all the different metallic glitters in here. There are also black glitters.

Steampunked

Steampunked
This swatch is three dabbed coats over a dark gray base

Steampunked
Not a great picture.  The metallic shine was again overwhelming for my current set up. This is two and then three dabbed coats over black and dark gray.

Steampunked Mani

The pink mani is one coat over Revlon's Ginger Melon.  I also fished out three of the silver glitters to use on the polka dot nail.  Steampunked is very edgy in my opinion and can be used in many different ways to add some sauciness to your manicures.  The formula on this is tricky only because it is so loaded with all that glitter goodness but it is still a good formula if that makes sense! It is very easy to manipulate the polish once you dab it on your nail.  I love it and an very happy to have it!!

Overall Loaded Lacquer gets a big thumbs up from me.  The polishes are amazing and Heather is such a sweet person and has fantastic people skills.  She knows her stuff when it comes to glitter polishes.  There are several other polishes in her line!  Her website launches at 9 am central time TODAY!!!  I will be ordering some more from her this morning and I do recommend Loaded Lacquer if you are a glitter lover like me!!!!!!  You can find Loaded Lacquer on Instagram, Facebook and at loadedlacquer.com once the site launches this morning.  Happy polishing!!  xoxo Jaime















3 comments:

  1. Fabulous glitter polishes and excellent swatches Jamie, just perfect :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Christmas bonus and Fluffy Macaroon. Nice swatches :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous glitter polishes!
    Love your macro shots, they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from readers.