Friday, October 4, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!  At the end of August I purchased three of the new Sally Hansen Inst-dri polishes from the Rent the Runway collection.  I have not been a big collector of the Insta-Dri line but I found three shades in this collection I just thought I had to have. On top of that I had Birthday money to spend...whats a girl to do!!!  I apologize ahead of time that two photos do have embellishments.  One was a nail challenge photo and the other was a NOTD.  Then I decided to swatch the third polish so I could share thoughts about them on my poor neglected blog!


First we have Quick Jeanius.  This is a beautiful blue with silver micro-shimmer throughout.  It really is a bright jean blue.  It applied very easily and was quick to dry as it should be. It went on evenly and I always do two coats unless its a sheer polish.  It looks a little goopy here but that was a top coat issue.  I use Out the Door which normally does just fine for me but it has not been doing well  lately.

Quick Jeanius

Next up we have my favorite of the three I purchased.  No-Spear Time is a beautiful olive green which I believe has gold micro-shimmers. It has a metallic look but goes on very nice.  In my opinion it is just stunning.  This was perfect in one coat but I added the second coat.  Again I do not own many Inst-Dri polishes so I am not sure if they are supposed to be one coaters but this one can be if you are in a hurry.  Top coated with Seche Vite this time.

No S-pear Time

Last but not least is Currant Trend.  This is my least favorite of the three.  It did apply well but even after two coats it still seemed to have thin areas.  This is a beautiful deep jewel toned purple with I believe silver micro-shimmer.  It was quick to dry as were the other two but I do feel a third coat may have been needed, meaning more dry time! Seche Vite was the topcoat for this photo as well.

Currant Trend

All in all these are nice polishes though they are not particularly unique or outstanding.  They are very nice colors and if you are loyal to the Insta-Dri line I am sure you would be happy with your purchases.  I would purchase No S-pear time again in a second.  Thanks for reading and Happy polishing!  xoxo Jaime


4 comments:

  1. They are all very nice, but I love the green one!
    Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great colours...have you noticed that a lot of the drug store brands are stepping up to the plate and giving the higher end polishes a run for their money?
    I don't have any of the Insta-Dri polishes, but I will ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I am so happy about that! I am absolutely a drug store girl. ♥

      Delete

I am always happy to hear from readers.