Monday, October 21, 2013

Mani Monday Gradient!!


Happy Mani Monday!  This week is gradient, which I just adore, so I was really excited about this week.  I am not even the best at gradients but I just love them.  I guess I have sorta fell into a gradient spot.  Really I prefer the look of a 3 color close in shade gradient.  Then top it all off with a glitter in a coordinating color,  because glitter makes everything better in my world.  As soon as I saw the gorgeous teal that Marianne sent me in our little swap I knew my gradient would be going teal this week!!

Here are the polishes I used to achieve my look this week.



The base coat I chose was Cutex Baseworks.  This base coat works just fine and dried pretty quickly.  My trio of shades were LA Colors in Meadow, China Glaze in To yacht to handle and another deep teal that unfortunately does not have a name on it.  I started with a coat of Meadow and then layered all three colors on a make up sponge and dabbed away. In all honesty, as you will see in my next photos, even though in the bottle the Meadow and To Yacht to Handle do appear to be different, once blended together it really looks as just two colors in my gradient. I then topped it all off with LA Colors glitter polish in Treasure Island and a nice coat of Seche Vite.


In the Light box


In full sun

Generally I do my nails at night and natural light is not an option unless I want to have the early morning sunlight, and I feel that changes colors and casts the pink/red glow.  This was pre-done so I could test my current method of using a light box against natural mid day sunlight.  I think my photos don't look to different than the mid day sun pictures and so far no complaints about the quality and my followers and readers are slowing growing.  It is exciting to have people that appreciate my hobby and what I do with it! This really is all for fun for me but I would like to have a nice blog and Instagram that people actually enjoy to read and look at.  As always thank you for reading, Happy Mani Monday and Happy painting!!

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Teals or aquas are some of my favorite colors to wear on the nail!

      Delete
  2. I really love your colour combo choice! It looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! You sent me the perfect color to inspire this look!!!

      Delete

I am always happy to hear from readers.